Wednesday, December 17, 2008

A Columbo Is Never Forgotten


I heard the news today, oh boy...

A court document filed by Peter Falk’s daughter says the Emmy-winning actor is suffering from Alzheimer’s disease.

Catherine Falk wants a court’s approval for a conservatorship of her 81-year-old father, who she claims no longer recognizes people. A hearing has been scheduled for late January.

Falk was also very good in many films -- with and by his friend John Cassavetes and Sydney Pollack's CASTLE KEEP, which I was watching again last night when I heard the sad news. It happened that I was on the set in Yugoslavia doing a magazine story on Burt Lancaster. Some great drinking and poker nights...

See you soon, Peter. Keep a seat for me. And we'll talk about the movie role only you can play.

No comments: